Skip to content

Certificates and Graduate Minors

The acquisition of a “certificate” or graduate minor relevant to the student’s professional interests is encouraged.  Graduate certificates or graduate minors may be earned in fields including Critical and Interpretive Theory, Gender and Women’s Studies, Cinema Studies, Art History, Music History, Holocaust, Genocide, Memory Studies, and Jewish Studies.  The requirements for obtaining those certificates or graduate minors are set by the Program in question.  Work done to fulfill those requirements is in addition to work required by the Program in Comparative and World Literature for the Ph.D. degree.  It is recommended though not required that the student earn a certificate or a minor (it becomes part of the student’s official record), as these additions to the usual program of study often tip the balance in the job market.